2018-2019 Bus Information
IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM CHRIST THE REDEEMER CATHOLIC SCHOOLS
Regarding Bus Service for the 2018-2019 School Year
- For current bus students:
- Students who are currently registered for bus service will automatically be re-registered for bus service for the 2018-2019 school year. If your child does not require bus service next year please let us know.
- For families who live less than 2.4 km from their designated school – The early bird bus fee has been added to student’s School Cash Online account. Payment through School Cash Online can be made via credit card or e-cheque. The early bird rate will be available until the last day of school in June, after which the regular bus fee will be applicable. If families would like to make payment using an alternate method of payment (cheque, cash or monthly automatic debit from a bank account) please contact the transportation department or your school to make those arrangements.
- To register for new bus service (for students who currently don’t ride the bus but would like bus service next school year):
- Please submit a Bus Request form online through your Parent Portal by May 31, 2018 to request a seat for the beginning of the next school year.
- Once the Bus Request form is received by transportation, families will be advised if a bus fee is payable and payment arrangements will be discussed with families if needed.
- CTR Catholic does not charge bus fees for students who live over 2.4 km from their designated school as government funding is provided for these students.
- School divisions are not required to transport students who live less than 2.4 km from their designated school and do not receive transportation funding for these students. CTR Catholic endeavors to bus all students that request bussing if possible, however we do charge a fee to transport ineligible bus students, and we are limited by seating availability on some routes. Bus fee information can be found on the first page of the Bus Request form.
- CTR Catholic is not able to provide bus service to students who live within 1 km of their designated school.
- Other important information:
- If you are unsure if you owe a bus fee please contact the Transportation Department for clarification. It is parent responsibility to find out if a bus fee is applicable for their family.
- Principals will give special consideration to families experiencing financial difficulties. Please contact your school to discuss.
- As required by Alberta Education, home-to-school distances are based on walking distance (not driving distance) and are calculated using our logistics software which has been audited by Alberta Education.
Please contact the Transportation Department with any questions you may have regarding bus service.
Thank you from the Transportation Department.
Direct Phone: 403-938-8073 / Toll Free: 1-800-737-9383