Bus Service for 2016- 2017 School Year
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR SCHOOL BUS SERVICE FOR THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR
**Both the Student Bus Request form and Payor’s PAD Agreement mentioned in this notice can be found under the Transportation Tab on the division website (redeemer.ab.ca).
Bus service for eligible bus students (students who live over 2.40 km from their designated school):
- If your child is an eligible rider and currently takes the bus: These students will automatically be added to the bus list for the upcoming school year. You can disregard this notice.
- If your child is an eligible rider but currently does not take the bus:
If you would like bus service for the upcoming school year, please complete a Student Bus Request form and e-mail the completed form to email@example.com by May 31, 2016 to ensure your child has a seat for the beginning of the next school year.
- · Our division does not charge bus fees for eligible bus students as government funding is provided for these students.
Bus service for ineligible riders (students that live over 1 km but less than 2.4 km from their designated school):
· School divisions do not receive funding to transport these students. Christ the Redeemer Catholic Schools endeavors to bus all students that request bussing if possible, however we do charge a fee to transport ineligible bus students. Bus fee information can be found on the Student Bus Request form.
We are not able to provide bus service to students who live within 1 km of their designated school.
To register an ineligible rider for bus service for the upcoming school year the following is required:
Complete the Student Bus Request form and return it to the school, together with payment by no later than May 31, 2016 to ensure your child has a seat for the beginning of the school year.
- Payment must be received PRIOR to your child being allowed to ride the bus.
- There are two payment options:
- Cash or check totaling payment in full (no partial payments are allowed with this payment option); or
Complete the Payor’s PAD Agreement and return it together with a VOID check to the school (or if payment will be coming out of a non-checking account a letter from your bank with your account information can be used in place of a VOID check). Please note this is the only option that allows bus fees to be paid by installments. If you choose to pay by installments with this method you will still receive early-bird pricing as long as the form is returned to the school no later than June 20/16. When completing this form please note that the first payment must be made by no later than the end of September 2016 and the last payment must be made no later than May 31, 2017. No post-dated cheques will be accepted for installment payments – a PAD agreement must be used if you are making more than one payment.
Other important information
If you are unsure if you owe a bus fee please contact the Transportation Department for clarification. It is parent responsibility to find out if your child is eligible for bussing or considered an ineligible rider.
Principals will give special consideration to families experiencing financial difficulties. Please contact your school to discuss.
Home-to-school distances are calculated using our logistics software which has been audited by Alberta Education.
Please contact the Transportation Department with any questions you may have regarding bus service.
Thank you from the Transportation Department.
Direct Phone: 403-938-8073 / Toll Free: 1-800-737-9383